Saturday, December 24, 2016

Stick Control Flam Beats - a little Christmas present

UPDATE:  I've done the remainder of page 16, and all of page 17.  It is directly below page 16.  Enjoy!

I've been working with some of the lesser-played pages of Stick Control lately and have really been enjoying the "Flam Beats" from page 16 to 23.  However, you may have noticed that the way Stone notates the stickings - with an F for a right flam and an F in a circle for a left flam - is less than ideal.



I mean, it's certainly readable, but even now I still occasionally mix them up, and some of my students really struggle with it.  So, seeing as it's no longer the standard flam notation - if it ever even was - I just decided I'd take a few minutes, crank the exercises into Sibelius and put in the "normal" stickings as a little Christmas gift to you/myself/my students.

So far I've only done the first 18 exercises from page 16, but hey, it's Christmas; it's the thought that counts.  Maybe I'll do some more at a later date.  I hope this is helpful for you.  Merry Christmas!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks! So much easier to visualize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it's not Christmas now, thank you for the gift that still makes my practice more efficient.

    ReplyDelete